Shipping and Warranty
(1) Free Shipping
Skandik agrees to provide free shipping on all orders within Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and New Territories if access to elevator is available. You should ensure your goods will fit in the elevator before the delivery. If reasonable access is unavailable or if it becomes hazardous, for example, items prone to damage on narrow stairway or obstruction of passageway, we reserve the right to cancel the delivery. For customers living in Discovery bay, Tung Chung, Shek O, Hong Kong International Airport, please contact us at email@example.com. Our customer service team will get in touch with you to satisfy your order. For customers living in locations with no access to elevator or walk-up buildings, a surcharge fee will be collected varying according to the number of floor and the size of the delivered item. For more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) Receiving Items
It is very important that you shall inspect your products carefully upon arrival. After signing acceptance of the delivery order, it will be treated that the goods are in good conditions with no discrepancies. Skandik reserves the right to reject any claims that are incurred after delivery of your items. If you are unsatisfied with the quality of the delivery order, please contact us at email@example.com with attached photo/videos of: a) The damage or other issues of the product b) The original and undamaged packaging Our team will assess your complaint and aim to tell you how to return the item within 2 working days. Skandik reserves the right in its absolute discretion to determine whether a part has failed due to a defect or wear and tear. Such replacement or repair is offered by Skandik at its sole discretion. All replacement or repair of item(s) will depend on the next available schedule. Skandik shall not be liable for any consequences (whether direct or indirect) of the delay in the delivery of the replacement item and no such delay shall entitle the customer to treat this agreement as being repudiated by Skandik or to any comparison. All full refund due to defects will be refunded as follows: Purchase Price - Additional surcharge fee such as walk up fees or delivery to special locations (if applicable) = Refunded Amount (HKD)
(3) Incorrect Address or Absence When Product Arrives
All unsuccessful delivery orders will be returned to our distribution center and restocked. To reschedule for a delivery, we will contact you to arrange for the next available delivery with a redelivering fee of 200 HKD for orders valued below 2,000 HKD, and 500 HKD for orders valued equivalent or above 5000 HKD.
(4) Delayed Delivery due to Unforeseen Situations
a) In the event of delay in shipment due to unforeseen situations such as bad weather, Skandik reserves the right to reschedule the delivery, subjected to the availability of delivery slots. b) No specific time of delivery can be provided. A time frame will be advised but cannot be guaranteed. c) Skandik shall not be liable for any consequences or any loss suffered or expenses incurred (whether direct or indirect) due to the delay in the shipment/delivery of the goods and no such delay shall entitle the customer to treat this agreement as being repudiated by Skandik or to any comparison.
We deliver what we promise — it's kinda our thing! Skandik warrants all our furniture is made with non-defective materials and workmanship. Warranty periods vary by product, commencing from the date of delivery and are defined in the table below.
If, during the warranty period, a product is deemed defective due to a manufacturing defect, Skandik will repair or replace part(s), at Skandik’s sole discretion. This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product or part of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used.
1. Claim Procedure
Any claims will have to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org attached with photos of defects and order number.
2. Limitations and Exceptions
• Proper care and usage are crucial to preserving your rights under this warranty. This warranty does not apply if your Skandik furniture is damaged by use of detergents, abrasives or other harsh cleaning agents.
• This warranty does not cover damage resulting from negligence, abuse, normal wear and tear, or accidents: including (but not limited to) burns, cuts, scratches, tears, scuffs, watermarks.
• This warranty does not apply if the product is used outdoors, unless specifically stated otherwise.
• Any product modification by consumers or other parties, not authorised by Skandik, will void this Warranty.
• This Warranty does not cover items not purchased directly from Skandik.
• Skandik has the final and conclusive decision on all issues in respect of complaints on defects, either on workmanship or materials. Any decision to repair or have part(s) to be replaced shall be at Skandik’s sole discretion.
• Any item repaired or replaced under this limited Warranty will be covered by the limited Warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period only.
• This Warranty covers the manufacturing defects detected within the warranty period, the cost of material components, replacement parts, labour and transportation charges.
• In respect of manufacturing defects detected after the warranty period, the Purchaser is responsible for covering all of the following cost: cost material components and replacement and replacement parts, labor charges and transportation cost (if any).
3. Warranty Period
Safety and quality are a big part of any Skandik product. We conduct stringent in-house quality of our products which is why we offer you:
|Armchairs, Stools, 2 Seater Sofas, 3 Seater Sofas, Corner Sofas, Sofa Beds, Pet Sofas, Dog Beds||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|TV Stands, Coffee Tables, Nightstands, Cabinets||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Bed Frames||1 Year Limited Warranty|
10 Year Limited Warranty with exclusions:
• Physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains; provided that the defect is caused by such abuse or damage.
• Damages as a result of commercial usage, such as placing it in hotels or stores – unless you are a Trade Customer.
• Issues relating to comfort preferences and likings, i.e. the mattress is too firm or too soft.
• Any mattress (whether manufactured by Skandik or not) sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers.
|Pillows||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Foosball Tables||1 Year Limited Warranty|